Wolfram MathCore Job Posting: Senior Software Engineer
Do you have a passion for compiler technology, math and mathematical modeling and would you like to exercise those skills while developing world-leading modeling and simulation software? In that case, look no further.
As a software engineer at Wolfram MathCore, you will work mainly at our office in Linköping, Sweden, on the development of the System Modeler kernel. The main function of the kernel is to translate models defined in the Modelica language into executable simulation code.
About System Modeler
System Modeler combines its powerful kernel with a highly reputed user interface and integrates with the Wolfram Language. This results in a fully integrated environment for analyzing, understanding and quickly iterating system designs for industrial strength, multidomain models of complete systems.
You can learn more about System Modeler at https://www.wolfram.com/system-modeler.
Function and responsibilities
You will work in a team with responsibilities ranging from algorithm and user interface design to testing. As a kernel developer, your main responsibility is maintaining existing code and implementing new features of the System Modeler kernel. Using OCaml as the main language for kernel development, you will work with tasks like:
- Numerical solving of differential-algebraic equations
- Mathematical processing of equations
- Generation of efficient C/C++ code for runtime computations
Skills and experience
The candidate must meet the following qualifications:
- At least three years of experience in software development
- Master’s degree in computer science or a related engineering field
- Compiler programming experience
Furthermore, the ideal candidate will have experience in:
- Differential equations, especially differential-algebraic equations
- Numerical math (ODE/DAE solvers, nonlinear system solving)
- Graph theory
- Linear algebra
- Modeling and simulation of dynamic systems, preferably with Modelica
- Functional programming languages such as OCaml, Haskell, F# or Erlang
- C and C++ (Qt)
- FMI, DCP, eFMI, OPC and similar standards
- The Wolfram Language
The ideal candidate will possess these personal qualities:
- Ability to work efficiently in a scrum team of engineers
- Ability to react quickly and adapt to changes in priorities, circumstances and direction
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, in English and preferably also in Swedish, including proficiency in written and verbal communication and strong listening skills
About Wolfram MathCore
Wolfram MathCore, a subsidiary of Wolfram Research, develops and supplies products and services for mathematical modeling and simulation. It is responsible for the development of Wolfram System Modeler.
Wolfram Research is one of the world’s most respected software companies—as well as a powerhouse of scientific and technical innovation. As pioneers in computational science and the computational paradigm, we have pursued a long-term vision to develop the science, technology and tools to make computation an ever-more-potent force in today’s and tomorrow’s world.
How to apply
Submit your application here.
If you have any questions, please contact Jan Brugård at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to your application!